Performance reviews can be a difficult experience for anyone to go through. In this assignment, you will recall a performance review or a performance-related discussion that you experienced at work. You will critically analyze that experience, focusing on the verbal communication, effective listening, and conflict resolution aspects of the experience.
For this assignment, you are to reflect on a time when you had a performance review or any sort of work-related performance discussion with your manager. Then, write a 5- to 6-page paper addressing the following items:
1. Describe your experience regarding the performance discussion.
2. Explain proven and effective ways to listen appropriately, resolve conflict, and negotiate. Support your response with sources from professional literature. Professional literature may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov). You may find that the Lynda.Com “Having Difficult Conversations” course will be especially helpful as you prepare this assignment. The “Having Difficult Conversations” course is available in the AUO library holdings. The direct link was included earlier in this module on the Relationship Development lecture page.
3. Assess yourself on your effectiveness.
4. Assess yourself on your effectiveness in listening, conflict resolution, and negotiation.
5. Identify two to three areas of improvement in any category.
6. Create a plan for developing yourself in those areas. The plan may include:
· Teaming with a classmate or mentor to help guide improvement
· Creating a focus for improvement and an attainable goal
· Identifying how the goal will be measured for success
· Assessing success and reevaluating the goal
· By the due date assigned, prepare a 5- to 6-page paper. Your response should rely upon at least two sources from professional literature. This may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov). Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA format); and use accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
· Save your paper in a Microsoft Word document with the name M3_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc, and upload it to the Submissions Area.
The post Assignment 2: (RA 1): Communication Analysis Paper appeared first on customwritings.pro.