create new data file in chapter 2 and follow the instructions from Chapter 2 to Chapter 10 of the book. When you try to create company data file, disregard the serial number request of the MYOB software. As the MYOB software is a trial version, you do not need to enter the serial number.
King’s Own Institute
ACC203 Accounting Information
Trimester 2, 2016
Individual Assignment (25% in total)
A major component of the ACC203 course is the MYOB assignment that is an individual assignment
Your individual assignment will be assessed on three aspects of the assignment:
• MYOB Assignment: 18%;
• MYOB Work Activity Report: 750 words plus or minus 20% (5%); and
• Individual presentation based on MYOB assignment: (2%).
Students should report the progress of their MYOB assignment to the tutor by showing the completed chapters or parts of the MYOB assignment to the tutor in week 6.
Final MYOB Assignment is due by week 10.
MYOB Assignment (18%)
1. MYOB Assignment uses the Case and the Data of the Wendy Pabst & Brian Perrin (2011), Accounting With MYOB 19, 1st Edition, Cengage Learning, Australia. Please note that it is a large activity, taking up to 40 study hours to complete over many days or weeks. Please ensure you leave yourself enough time to complete this activity before its submission deadline:
• Buy MYOB book.
• Find MYOB software CD the inside of the back cover page of the book for Window Operation System or get “AccountEdge” MYOB software from KOI library for Mac Operation System. You can also download both trial versions from www.myob.com.au
• Install MYOB software to your computer.
2. Read the chapter 1, create new data file in chapter 2 and follow the instructions from Chapter 2 to Chapter 10 of the book. When you try to create company data file, disregard the serial number request of the MYOB software. As the MYOB software is a trial version, you do not need to enter the serial number.
3. Please follow the instructions of the book except for the followings of Page 13 of Chapter:
• Company Name: Put Your Student Full Name
• ABN: Put 116 plus your student number (should be 11 digit)
• Address: Your Address
Special care should be taken while entering the accounting year(2012), as this cannot be changed later on. MYOB assignments especially asks for a particular conversion month. Student should choose that conversion month(May) only.
4. Each chapter has Revision Exercise. Please Do not do Revision Exercise.
5. When you finish each chapter, please print the reports specified in the book , compare the results of the your printed reports and the results of reports of the book and sign at the bottom of each printed report as an evidence of completing the comparison of two reports before starting the next chapter. If two results of the reports are different, you should mark the different results on your printed reports, analyse the difference and write down the possible reasons of the difference.
6. You should also make the each chapter back-up based on version control full back up method, using the back-up method explained during the class or below:
• We assume you completed chapter 2 and start chapter 3: click file and exit on the MYOB command centre, then MYOB display “do you wish to back up?” message. Please click “No” and make the file name “yourname02” such as Richard Chang 02”
• When you try to start chapter 3, find the Richard Chang02. myo file and copy the file in the same directory. You can find TWO files such as Richard Chang02. myo and Richard Chang02copy. myo
• Click the Richard Chang02copy. myo, click the right button on your mouse and rename the Richard Chang02copy. myo to Richard Chang 03.myo
The post CREATE NEW DATA FILE IN CHAPTER 2 AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FROM CHAPTER 2 TO CHAPTER 10 OF THE BOOK. WHEN YOU TRY TO CREATE COMPANY DATA FILE, DISREGARD THE SERIAL NUMBER REQUEST OF THE MYOB SOFTWARE. AS THE MYOB SOFTWARE IS A TRIAL VERSION, YOU DO NOT NEED TO ENTER THE SERIAL NUMBER. appeared first on My Nursing Paper.