Having an individualized definition of organizational leadership will prove to be helpful when having to explain the concept to upper-level managers and stakeholders. It is also important to understand how your worldview influences your definition so you are able to defend your position. This assignment will allow you to develop your own definition based on the working definitions being used in the field and incorporating a Christian worldview.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
· Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments.
· Use academic sources, including peer-reviewed journal articles, scholarly books, government reports, and other instructor-approved texts.
· Include a minimum of five scholarly topic-relevant sources (majority of articles should be published within past 5 years).
· You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Write a paper (1,000-1,250 words) that addresses the following issues:
1. Discuss the conceptual differences between Transformation-Transactional Leadership and the visions of future developments in leadership Warren Bennis was predicting.
2. Using the guidance of both leadership theorists and applied behavioral scientists, compose your basic definition of organizational leadership that is functional in organizations you know.
3. Drawing from tenets of the Christian worldview related to organizational leadership, compare the key points of that guidance with two key elements of organizational leadership.
4. Support your comparisons with substantive documentation for each of the two key elements of current theories.