EXPLAIN HOW BODY COMPOSITION CHANGES WITH AGING
MARCH 28, 2016 ADMIN
CLICK TO ORDER THIS PAPER…
Betsy Case Study
Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
• Explain how body composition changes with aging
• Describe the physiologic and non-physiologic factors that influence health and
nutrition status in older adults
• Explain how energy and nutrient needs have been established for older adults
• Identify chronic diseases common in old age and the appropriate interventions
• Discuss the nutrition benefits of a senior services, which includes retirement
homes, assisted living, and nursing homes
Course outcome addressed in this Assignment:
NS325-1: Discuss how nutrient needs change throughout the life cycle.
NS325-5: Explain how changing body composition, metabolism, and socioeconomic factors
affect geriatric population.
GEL-7.4: Evaluate the reasoning of opposing perspectives on ethical issues.
Please read the following scenario:
• Betsy, a 79 year-old woman, was evaluated in your office. She lives with her
81 year old husband who is her primary caregiver. He reports that
approximately 2 years ago his wife began to lose interest in the things she
enjoyed like shopping, cooking, and sewing. Gradually she become less
interested in food and has lost 18 pounds in the past year. He has tried
commercial nutritional supplements but has not been successful getting her to
consume them. He stated he is not much of a cook but has been trying his
best. He is frustrated and concerned about his wife’s weight loss and lack of
appetite. He feels he is constantly trying to get her to eat. He does not have
The post Discuss the nutrition benefits of a senior services, which includes retirement homes, assisted living, and nursing homes. appeared first on My Nursing Paper.