Write a brief summary (suggested length of 2–3 pages) of the significance and background of a healthcare problemOctober 10, 2018
create a Design for Change proposal inclusive of your Practice Issue and Evidence Summary worksheet from your Capstone Project MilestoneOctober 10, 2018
Psychosocial Nursing Course Project Guidelines
Discuss the characteristics of your specific mental health concern. Define the mental health condition.
- Describe the signs and symptoms. Give examples.
- What are the effects on work, family and social functioning?
- What are some of the legal and ethical concerns surrounding this condition, such as competency, consent, right to treatment and commitment?
Discuss the variety of treatment options for a patient with this mental health concern, including therapies, medication, and nursing interventions.
- Describe therapies that are commonly used.
- Discuss the medications commonly used, effects, side effects.
- Include nursing interventions that can be used.
Discuss the nurse-client relationship in caring for a person with this specific mental health condition and how it may vary from other areas of nursing.
- Include ethical concerns that may arise in caring for the patient.
- Discuss maintaining appropriate boundaries in the relationship.
- Describe how the work of one nursing theorist can be helpful in caring for this client and designing appropriate interventions.
Discuss your personal feelings about caring for a client with this mental health concern.
- What are your concerns?
- How do you maintain personal safety and client safety in the case of decompensation? What are the goals for this client?
- Are you interested in working with clients with this specific mental health concern and why?
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"