Discussion—The Literature Review Process
As the community assessment is completed and the statement of the health problem is clearly stated and appropriately quantified using the available epidemiologic tools, one must now start looking at an adequate and suited intervention or policy to address the particular public health problem. The availability of scientific literature is an invaluable source of information to begin searching for the most ideal and best-suited intervention, program, or policy to specifically address the targeted objectives emanating from the community assessment.
Because of the considerable amount of scientific literature, a systematic approach to literature searching is imperative to locate credible, high-quality evidence as efficiently and exhaustively as possible. To be systematic, a guide must be applied to aid in what literature is important, where to search for related literature, how to find evidence-based literature, and how to organize the results of a search.
In your analysis and evaluation of the three related peer-reviewed scientific articles for Week 3 Project, please share with your peers any difficulties, strategies, or techniques that you developed, discovered, or utilized to simplify or enhance the literature review process.
The steps for reviewing the Scientific Literature and Organizing Information are listed below. Please note that you do not need to follow the same order.
- Review the issue statement and purpose of the search
- Select a bibliographic database
- Identify key words
- Conduct the search
- Refine the search
- Select and organize documents for review
- Abstract pertinent information from each document
- Summarize and apply the literature review
If you found that some sections of the literature review process were more difficult compared to some other steps, please talk about this difficulty in this discussion thread.
Provide reasons or evidence in support of your responses.
Write your initial response in approximately 300 words.
By the due date assigned, post your response to the appropriate Discussion Area. Through the end of the week, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses. Consider commenting on their difficulties and your thoughts for suggestions or resolutions.
Support your answers with examples and research. Your responses should clarify your understanding of the topic. They should be your own, original, and free from plagiarism. Follow the APA format for writing style, spelling and grammar, and citation of sources.
- Reviewed the issue statement and purpose of the search.
- Selected a bibliographic database.
- Identified key words.
- Conducted the search.
- Refined the search.
- Selected and organized documents for review.
- Abstracted pertinent information from each document.
- Summarized and applied the literature review.
- Shared with peers any difficulties, strategies, or techniques that you developed, discovered, or utilized to simplify or enhance the literature review process.
- Responses demonstrated in-depth research and analysis.
- Justified your answers with appropriate research and reasoning.
- Commented on the postings of at least two peers.
Start a New Thread
Filter by:All ThreadsSort by:Most Recent Activity Least Recent Activity Newest Thread Oldest Thread Author First Name A-Z Author First Name Z-A Author Last Name A-Z Author Last Name Z-A Subject A-Z Subject Z-A
- Week 4 DiscussionTunde Akinmoladun posted Oct 17, 2018 3:22 PMSubscribeClass,
This week, you will discuss literature review and the importance of it in research,and the the dos and don’ts of it. Enjoy the week discussing this.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Discussion—The Literature Review Process appeared first on Quality Nursing Writers.