As a health care professional and a new BSN learner you have been asked to contribute a professional blog post on evidence-based practice to a new Web site for student nurses. The site editor has asked you to write a post that explores the following key questions:
- How does research affect existing medical knowledge and practice?
- How can evidence-based patient care improve the quality of care?
- What types of clinical strategies help foster an evidence-based nursing practice?
- Which component of the nursing process is evidence-based practice aligned with?
When writing a blog post, keep in mind that long blocks of text are hard for readers to digest, especially when reading on mobile devices. Format your document by breaking up your content into shorter paragraphs, bullet points, and lists whenever possible. Subheadings should be used to provide focus.
- There are five levels of headings. Headings are required–you will most likely only use level one and level two.
- Indent the first line of all paragraphs
- Double space everything including the Reference page
- Learn what a hanging indent is and use this for your references
- A paragraph consists of 4-6 sentences
Your blog post should meet the following criteria:
- Contain 750–1000 words (3–4 pages).
- Include a title and reference page.
- Be readable, concise, with a logical ordering of ideas.
- Provide a sound rationale for ideas, including background supported by professional references.
- Provide adequate documentation of ideas and appropriate APA citation of relevant literature.
- Use a minimum of three references. (These must be recent, from within the past five years).
Write a 750–1000-word professional blog post (3–4 pages) for a student nursing Web site that examines how evidence-based health care leads to better clinical decisions and patient outcomes.
The nursing profession has changed dramatically in recent years. Professional references should be integrated to support perspectives in the blog. Today, nurses are called upon to translate best evidence into clinical practice. In most health care settings, bridging the gap from research to clinical practice is a dynamic ongoing process.
By successfully completing the assessment in this unit, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Evaluate scholarly nursing literature that supports evidence-based nursing practice.
- Describe how research affects existing knowledge within professional nursing.
- Explain how evidence-based patient care can improve the quality of care.
- Describe clinical strategies that help foster evidence-based nursing practice.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is consistent with expectations of nursing professionals.
- Write content clearly and logically, with correct use of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- Correctly format citations and references using APA style.
- To deepen your understanding, you are encouraged to consider the questions below and discuss them with a fellow learner, a work associate, an interested friend, or a member of your professional community.
- How has the role of a professional nurse changed since you obtained your nursing license?
- How has EBP advanced the nursing profession?
- How does evidence-based research translate to positive patient outcomes?
Access the following resources by clicking the links provided. Please note that URLs change frequently. Permissions for the following links have been either granted or deemed appropriate for educational use at the time of course publication.
- American Nurses Association. (n.d.). The nursing process. Retrieved from http://www.nursingworld.org/EspeciallyForYou/What-…
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. (n.d.). National guideline clearinghouse. Retrieved from www.guidelines.gov
If you need more info just let me know =)
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Evidence based practice in clinical care appeared first on My Nursing Experts.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"