Create a simulated case study, relevant to your area of specialization, of an infant or toddler (birth to 24 months of age) who presents developmental challenges related to factors described by Bowlby’s attachment theory, and also shows evidence of biological factors that affect development.
Your case study should include:
- The infant or toddler and his or her strengths and challenges.
- The medical, family, and social context.
- The developmental challenges evident in the behavior of the infant or toddler.
- Evidence in the case that supports a specific attachment style.
- Contextual factors that could affect the infant’s or toddler’s biological and brain development.
- Individual and cultural factors that theory and/or research indicate could impact the infant’s or toddler’s development.
- Any other factors you deem appropriate based on your understanding of the theory and related research.
To develop this case, you should:
- Explore theory and research related to development linked to biological and brain factors and influences based on Bowlby’s attachment theory.
- Identify attachment styles in general and analyze a specific attachment style for the case you are developing.
- Locate and read current research on prenatal and infant brain development to describe potential outcomes linked to brain development in infancy or toddlerhood, including important considerations in the case you are developing.
Follow current APA guidelines for style and formatting, as well as for citing your resources. Include a reference list of the scholarly resources you consulted.
Part 2: Early Development Case Intervention Analysis
Complete the following:
- Research evidence-based interventions that have been effective in meeting the challenges of the infant or toddler you described in your case study, from the perspective of your own professional specialization (as far as possible).
- Explain how the deficits in developmental domains or environmental contexts impacted functioning.
- State the recommended interventions that align with your specialization.
- Include evidence for those outcomes from the professional literature.
- Explore briefly the literature on adult attachment issues, considering that early influences can impact development across the lifespan.
- Explain, from the perspective of your specialization, how the attachment style of the infant or toddler could be manifested as an adult.
- Explain how this might help in understanding and determining an approach to working with an adult with attachment-related issues.
Structure of the Report
Use the following format to structure your report: 5-7 pages include at least 5 scholarly resources (peer reviewed journals.
- Title page.
- A descriptive title of 5–15 words that concisely communicates the purpose of your report and includes the name of the fictional subject. Be sure to follow Capella’s suggested format for title pages on course papers.
- An overview of the paper contents, including a brief summary (approximately half a page) of the background information regarding the case study. (The complete 1–2-page case you developed will be included as an appendix.)
- Body of the report.
- The presenting challenges and primary issues.
- An analysis of how lifespan development theory and research may account for the presenting challenges.
- An assessment of the potential impact of individual and cultural differences on development for the current age and context described in the case study.
- Suggestions of evidence-based intervention strategies that have proven effective in similar cases, supported by citations of research and any applicable theories.
- Projections, based on research and/or theory, of possible long-term impacts that the current challenges may produce across the individual’s lifespan.
- A summary of what was introduced in the body of the paper with respect to the case study context, challenges, and interventions.
- Reference page.
- A minimum of five scholarly sources from current peer-reviewed journals, formatted in current APA style.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
Explain, from the perspective of your specialization, how the attachment style of the infant or toddler could be manifested as an adult. was first posted on September 20, 2019 at 1:48 am.
©2019 "Coursework Research". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"