Read the following article:
Schroeder, S. A. (2014). Physicians, politics, and health insurance expansion. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 29(2), 267-8.
JS Downey Insurance Service. (2015). Understanding HMO, PPO, and EPO Plans. [Video]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AqIaoxouks
explain the type of health insurance coverage you currently have (you do not need to provide the name of your insurance company):
· Insurance Product (e.g., HMO, PPO, POS, Indemnity, or others)/Self-pay if not insured.
· Source (employer, government, parents, or others).
· Out-of-pocket costs: co-payments, deductibles, expenses, etc.
· Level of coverage (e.g., 100% coverage or 80% coverage with 20% coinsurance).
· Major limitations on choice of providers or self-pay: (a) Are you required to choose a primary care physician? (b) Are there limitations on use of out-of-network providers? (c) What are the limitations to self-pay?
. Draft a 2-page memo to your local politician or lobbyist expressing the limitations stated in Part 1.
Make recommendations on how political culture and values can either reduce these limitations or further increase them.
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post explain the type of health insurance coverage you currently have (you do not need to provide the name of your insurance company): appeared first on The Nursing TermPaper.