GTPA: stands for: gravida, term, preterm, abortions, living
Gravida: how many pregnancies a woman has had. Term how many pregnancies delivered that have reached or surpassed 37 weeks gestation.
Term: how many pregnancies a woman has had that delivered at 37 weeks or greater.
Preterm: how many pregnancies between 20-36 6/7 weeks gestation.
Abortion: how many pregnancies have been lost at less than 20 weeks. Abortions also may be induced by a physician or spontaneously lost. This also refers to miscarriages.
Living: how many children are living now?
******Multiple births ( twins, triplets and higher order multiples) count as one birth.
!. This is a mom’s 1st pregnancy:
2. This is a mom’s 3rd pregnancy and she had an abortion at 8 weeks for the 1st pregnancy and a miscarriage at 10 weeks, she has no preterm deliveries or living children at present.
3. This is a mom’s 3rd pregnancy the first pregnancy delivered at 38 weeks gestation and the 2nd pregnancy was twins delivered at 37 weeks. 1 of those children died.
4. This is a mom’s 2nd pregnancy. She delivered twins at 37 weeks and both of the babies survived.
5. This is a mom’s 3rd pregnancy. She delivered triplets at 28 weeks and 1 of the babies survived. She had an elective abortion at 6 weeks.
6. This a woman’s 5 pregnancies. She had a birth at 40 weeks, another one at 39 5/7 weeks, she had a third one at 35 6/7 weeks and a 4th one at 36 5/7 weeks. She had one induced abortion at 10 weeks and has currently 4 living children.
7. A pregnant woman who carried one pregnancy to term with a surviving infant; carried one pregnancy to 35 weeks with surviving twins; she carried one pregnancy to 9 weeks as an ectopic ( tubal ) pregnancy; and has 3 living children.
8. A woman who has given birth at term once and has had one miscarriage at 12 weeks would be recorded as?
This assignment is worth 8 points. Use page 259 in your text book. Include 1-3 references.
APA is worth .5
Case 1 is worth .5
Cases 2-8 are worth 1 point each.
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Gravida Parity assignment: appeared first on The Nursing TermPaper.