Word limit:1600 words. Current reference, within the last five yeas. Will also like my required text as part of my reference: Hockenberry, M.J 2012. Wong’s essential of pediatric nursing 9th ed.
For this assignment you are requested to read the five clinical scenarios and select one to address in detail.
Your response should:
• Be written using a short essay writing format.
• Adopt a family strengths approach.
• Comprehensively respond to all sections of the scenario.
• Demonstrate critical reflection, analysis and critique of the identified issues.
• Consider and critique relevant peer review literature relating to the scenario selected. In addition, use the literature to support your rationale for your selection of assessment strategies through which to address issues in the scenario.
You are a practice nurse and Kate visits you for the two month immunisation of her daughter Sienna. You note that Kate is dishevelled and she states that Sienna is very unsettled and “fusses a lot when breast feeding”. On examination Sienna appears hydrated. Kate also states that Sienna spends hours crying, unsettled and has poor sleep. Kate is teary and states she is tired and not coping. When you weigh Sienna you note that her weight has dropped from the 50th percentile at birth to the 25th percentile.
Identify and prioritise assessment strategies to address the issues in the scenario and provide a clear, concise, comprehensive and logical rationale for these strategies.
You are a registered nurse working in the emergency department and you are caring for Lachlan, a 14 month old boy, who has just been admitted to the department with a suspected minor head injury. The triage nurse hands over to you that Lachlan will need a thorough assessment as the nurse has noticed that Lachlan’s parent’s Sue and Wayne have different accounts of how the accident happened. The triage nurse states that there are bruises on Lachlan’s legs and back and that she suspects Lachlan to have a non-accidental injury.
The post Identify and prioritize assessment strategies to address the issues in the scenario and provide a clear, concise, comprehensive and logical rationale for these strategies. appeared first on My Nursing Paper.