OPTION #1: MILESTONE 3/FINAL PORTFOLIO PROJECT SUBMISSION
You have been appointed the CIO of the organization you selected in Module 1. Your job is to analyze the “as is” state of the organization’s information system and recommend changes wherever you see fit. Analyses and recommended changes will be done based on concepts learned throughout the course. You have already submitted two milestones in previous modules:
- Milestone 1: Organization Proposal (Module 1)
- Milestone 2: Business Model, SCM, and CRM (Module 4)
- Organization’s business model (market share, customer base, revenue, competitors)
In this module you will complete Milestone 3 and compile all milestones into your final Portfolio Project.
Milestone 3: eCommerce, Database Systems, Security Policies, Customer Privacy Protection, Business Continuity Planning, and Recommendations
To complete your Portfolio Project, analyze the organization you selected based on the following areas and provide detailed recommendations.
- eCommerce presence
- What model they utilize?
- Are they utilizing mCommerce? If yes, explain. If not, explain why they would benefit from it.
- Database systems utilized
- Security policies
- Customer privacy protection
- Business continuity planning
- Briefly describe how continuity planning has prepared the business to deal with the following threats: internal threats, theft, unintentional or intentional data corruption, staff-related issues (strikes, illnesses, weather related, etc.), natural disasters, infrastructure failures, terrorist attacks. (Consider the four planning steps recommended by the Department of Homeland Security when analyzing the business continuity planning for the organization.)
- Identify gaps that require further attention by the organization.
- System development method: What system development method would you recommend and why?
- Off-the-shelf vs. custom software: Describe what would be the advantages and disadvantages of utilizing off-the-shelf software versus building customized software, considering your organization’s needs, and recommend the one you think would be more feasible.
- New technology: Recommend at least one new technology the organization is not using that you think might benefit them. Describe how that technology works. If that new technology was to replace an existing technology or system, what cutover approach would you recommend and why?
Compile Milestone 1, Milestone 2, and your work for Milestone 3 into your final Portfolio Project – be sure to integrate instructor feedback from Milestone 2 into your final submission. Your final Portfolio Project must be 13-15 pages in length (double-spaced, not including cover and reference pages) and written according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA (Links to an external site.). Include headings for each of the major components required in this milestone and integrate support for this section of your paper from three to four additional scholarly sources (minimum of six) – the “Best Bet Databases for Information System Management” (Links to an external site.) resource from the CSU-Global Library is a good place to find these sources. Review the Portfolio Project Rubric in the Module 8 folder for specific grading criteria.
13 hours ago
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post misportpaper attached is topic appeared first on Top Premier Essays.