Read Chapter 12 and answer the following questions:
1. Define nutrition, nutrients, malnutrition, undernutrition, and essential nutrient.
2. What is a “master guideline” for nutritional planning and the four (4) suggested steps involved?
3. What are the key recommendations on which the Dietary Guidelines for Americans are based? (Refer to the chart.)
4. List the colors of MyPlate and tell for what each color stands.
5. What is protein and for what is it primarily used?
6. What is calcium and why is it important?
7. Of what does the Oils group consist? Give examples of those types of oils.
8. Define Percent Daily Values and nutrition claims.
Read Chapter 13 and answer the following questions:
1. Define energy, calories, and basal metabolic rate (BMR).
2. List the three (3) factors for determining basic daily energy requirements.
3. Define thermic energy of food, digestion, absorption, and metabolism.
4. What health problems are associated with childhood obesity?
5. What should be the primary energy source for children?
6. What is a simple sugar? List three (3) examples of simple sugars.
7. What are compound sugars? List two (2) examples of compound sugars.
8. What are complex carbohydrates? List three (3) complex carbohydrates that are important to human nutrition.
9. Why are fats important to our diet?
10. List four (4) important functions of fats in young children.
11. Define linoleic acid, linolenic acid, and trans-fats.
12. What are MUFAs? Explain what they do for the body. What foods provide these acids?
13. What are PUFAs? Explain what they do for the body. What foods provide these acids?
14. What is the third class of nutrients used as an energy source?
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post Read Chapter 12 and answer the following questions: appeared first on Student Homeworks.