T or F
1. Electron decays create the spectral lines in an emission spectrum.
2. The most intense Balmer lines occur at a temperature of 20,000 K.
3. Sunlight is composed of a continuous spectrum of light.
4. As a sound source passes you, you will first hear a higher pitch than normal and then a lower pitch.
5. If a star has no radial velocity then its spectrum should be blueshifted.
6. A spectral line has a wavelength of 400 nm in the laboratory. In a star, the same spectral line is observed to have a wavelength of 300 nm. The star is moving towards the observer and z = – 0.25.
7. In the Bohr model of an atom, electrons engage in quantum jumps from one quantum state to another quantum state.