Strayer University – SOC 300 – SOCIOLOGY OF DEVELPING COUNTRIES
This paper will be turned in to Strayer University’s turnitin plagiarism program
Use the Internet to research one (1) developing nation of your choice. Your research should include an examination of lending institutions, health care, and human capital, as well as the material covered by the Webtext and lectures in Weeks 6 through 9.
Resources must also be within the last seven (7)
Introduction and Conclusion
Write a four (4) page research paper in which you:
1. Thoroughly explore whether or not funding from international lending institutions like the World Bank and the IMF are helping or hindering the social, economic, or political development of the country that you have selected. Support your response with examples.
2. Thoroughly discuss, with examples, at least four (4) substantive ways in which a healthy population strengthens the economy of the country that you have selected.
3. Thoroughly ascertain the degree to which the leadership of your chosen country has used foreign aid to improve its health care system. Support your response with concrete examples.
4. Thoroughly determine how human capital is used and what effect gender disparity has on these decisions
5. Thoroughly determine what role health plays in developing economies.
6. Thoroughly examine the role that the International Monetary Fund and World Bank play in transfers and the conditions they set to effect this funding.
7. Use technology and information resources to research issues in sociology of developing countries.
8. Write clearly and concisely about sociology of developing countries using proper writing mechanics.
9. Use at least SEVEN (7) quality academic resources in this assignment. Resources must also be within the last seven (7) years. Note: Wikipedia, blogs, and other nonacademic websites do not qualify as academic resources. Approval of resources is at the instructor’s discretion. When referencing the selected resources, please use the following format:
• Webtext Format:
o Name of the author. Name of title. Retrieved from website url.
Soomo. Understanding Development [Webtext]. Retrieved from https://www.webtexts.com/courses/9218-cathey.
• Lecture Format:
o Name of the Author. Name of the lecture [lecture type]. Retrieved from lecture url.
Strayer University. (2013). Understanding Development [PowerPoint slides]. Retrieved from /bbcswebdav/institution/SOC/300/1136/Week1/lecture/story.html.
• Internet Resources:
o Author’s Name. (Date of publication). Title of the resource. Retrieved from website url.
Wuestewald, Eric. (2014). Portraits of people living on a dollar a day. Retrieved from https://www.motherjones.com/mixed-media/2014/04/living-on-a-dollar-a-day-photos-renee-byer-thomas-nazario.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The post Topic Lending Institutions, Health Care, and Human Capital appeared first on Homework Gig.